If you have any Kansas City area web/graphic designer job listings you would like to post on this blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. Listings are checked once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day.
You can also follow @kcjobseekers or @markvanbaale on Twitter to get the latest job updates for this page.
Website Graphic Designer with DEMDACO (Posted November 8)
While reporting to the e-Commerce Manager, the Website Graphic Designer will be reponsible for the development, creation and execution of website content, email campaign strategies, digital and print advertising, and marketing collateral.
- Responsible for the development and design of website content and components for the end user; our customers and consumers.
- Able to concept campaigns across digital and print mediums.
- Understanding of the web, and user experience
- Develops website content, landing pages, email campaigns, online ads, and more.
- Design and production of print ads and marketing collateral
- Ensures cross-browser compatibility and resolves bugs where required
- Knowledge of emerging trends and current web standards
- Expert CSS/HTML skills with the ability to code own work, with a solid grasp of print design.
- Strong conceptual eye with sensitivity to typography, color, layout, good design practices and visual composition.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Excellent HTML, CSS, hand-coding skills. Experience with content management systems a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a web-related environment.
Creative Coordinator with Donnelly College (Posted November 8)
The Creative Coordinator is a key member of the team and plays a vital role in developing communication tools that foster the advancement of the College.
- Responsible for the graphic design and branding needs of Donnelly College. (Projects include: designing the Donnelly Digest Magazine for Alumni & Friends, creating program brochures, all event collateral, admissions and institutional materials, large-format campus signage, print and digital advertising, multi-media presentations and other branded products.)
- Create digital design elements for email communications and social media marketing.
- Oversee all design and site maintenance of Donnelly College’s main web site, as well as several “sub-sites”.
- Serve as the College’s primary photographer.
- Manage and coordinate printing needs related to Advancement and Marketing including developing vendor relationships, securing estimates, quality assurance and adherence to deadlines.
- Serve on institutional committees.
- Local travel to conduct business with vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Proficiency with relevant graphic design software, with Abobe Creative Suite 5.5 or higher as a minimum.
- Familiarity with the PC platform.
- Proficiency with email marketing software and social media.
- Experience working with print and web design, as well as photography.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in graphic design.
More Details and to Apply
Web Designer with The Stowers Institute for Medical Research (Posted October 26)
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Web Designer who will work as part of a web team to design new features and maintain existing content on websites using Drupal and HTML.
- Designing and developing web pages, graphics, multimedia, and graphical user interfaces.
- Operating effectively as an interface between Stowers Institute members and the web team to ensuring a quick turnaround of content updates, enhancements, and fixes.
- Working closely with the web developer to ensure the seamless integration of new functionalities into the existing environment.
- Demonstrate creative, technical, and analytical skills and have the ability to translate functional requirements into technical design and development projects to enhance user experience.
- Experience in the design and maintenance of dynamic web solutions using Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, or similar CMS.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, or a related field, or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 2 years experience in developing CMS web solutions.
Web Designer/Developer with ER Marketing (Posted October 25)
Do you love websites? Not just enjoy them—I mean, do you really get passionate about designing and developing them: what makes them tick, what makes a good GUI from a great one, what “the next big thing” is…?
Do you want to help create and execute innovative ideas? Would you like to make a real difference for clients? Would you like to be appreciated—and nicely rewarded!—for your contributions…?
If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We need a front-end-designer-developer with a couple years of experience to join forces with a great back-end programmer to enhance our web development team.
Production Designer/Artist with InQuest Marketing (Posted October 24)
InQuest Marketing, a full-service marketing/communications company in Kansas City, MO is seeking an energetic and skilled production designer/artist who is not afraid to roll up his or her sleeves to help get the job done. The individual will work primarily on developing weekly retail communication (posters, flyers, ads and other design assignments) for a key retail client. The pace will be fast but the work will be fun. In addition, the individual will work closely with a production coordinator to bring the weekly retail communication to life. Client interaction is possible – in most cases with the coordinator and/or other account management team members.
You need a design background, with good creative judgment, problem solving skills and the ability to make layout decisions quickly. The individual will need experience in producing digital mechanical files from creative layouts, prepping files to meet specifications of printing and the finishing process, creating comps etc. Must be highly proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. Working knowledge of Word and Excel helpful.
We’re looking for a creative, detailed oriented individual who wants to join a rapidly growing organization with a great culture and great people.
To apply for this position, we would like to see some design samples on line so send your web info and your resume to email@example.com
Graphic Designer with Kansas City Life Insurance Company (Posted October 24)
- Conceive, design and produce sales literature, sales promotion, incentive club material, advertising material, publications, meeting needs, logos and other artwork in a timely manner while maintaining an organized, teamwork based atmosphere.
- Serve as a key member of corporate brainstorming team for various Corporate Communication projects.
- Assist with photography needs for contests, site promotion, catalogues, etc. either in studio or on location and event/candid photography.
- Technical and creative knowledge of design, form, line, color, layout, illustration, photography and printing.
- Macintosh computer skills.
- Highly skilled in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, with a working knowledge of Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and DreamWeaver.
- Firm Grasp of print processes including file preparation and color check. Must be able to see a project from conception to completion.
- Proficiency with design, illustration, layout, photography, computer graphics and art graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in commercial/fine art.
- 3 to 4 years hands-on experience in a corporate environment working with a wide range of projects (publications to brochures to newspaper ads).
Web Designer with Sprint (Posted October 20)
Sprint is seeking a senior designer to step into an already active, evolving and successful .com creative team. This role requires an individual with a high level of creativity with the ability to quickly and accurately meet fast-paced deadlines. Designers are responsible for the look and feel of the sprint.com web property, web banners, micro sites, landing pages, device launches, brand development, mobile design, and digital promotion for Sprint products and services. Oh yes, and having fun with your fellow creative co-workers is an absolute must.
- BA/BS in visual/interactive media and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school.
- 3 years experience creating web site visuals or other digital media.
- Portfolio of representative work.
- Experience with Adobe Web and Design Premium or Master Suite.
- Proven success and confidence in a deadline-drive environment.
- 3 years interactive design agency, marketing or PR experience.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
- An affinity for wireless communication and gadgetry (cell phones, data cards, tablets, downloadable digital media, etc).
Designer with Barkley agency (Posted October 19)
- Gain a thorough understanding of the client’s business and industry.
- Generates and manipulates graphic images, text and/or video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs.
- Develop creative strategies and ideas that are innovative and that sell.
- Maintains awareness of visual trends in the graphic arts field.
- Under the direction of the CD, see all work through completion on time, on budget and on strategy.
- Review proofs, etc. for accuracy before final production.
- Good judgment and imagination to be able to make recommendations for the visual elements of an advertisement.
- Exceptional type and layout skills.
- Superior understanding of color theory and trends.
- Skilled knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign.
- Ability to direct a photo shoot.
- Must have experience with FSI, Direct and In-store.
- Retail experience a plus.
- 3-5 years industry experience.
Part-time Graphic Designer with Sprint Center (Posted October 16)
This position will assist in all aspects of Facilities Presentation, specializing in graphic design and print design. This position will be a highly creative position that will conceptualize and execute creative content that will support the overall creative vision of projects. This demanding position requires a flexible work schedule, which will include some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for graphic and print design. Animation, video and audio editing experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge and operation on all video, audio, production and lighting systems preferred.
- Continuously review departmental needs and recommend upgrades, repairs, maintenance or special projects to the Director, Facilities Presentation
- Track emerging graphic, animation, video, print and digital media trends and how they might apply to the organization.
- Projects as requested by Director, Facilities Presentation.
- Proficiency in a range of software applications such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Experience with After Effects, Premiere, Avid and other software preferred.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Specific experience as it relates to video/scoreboard production in a 16,000+ seat sports and entertainment facility; organizing and directing event production requirements for sporting and entertainment arena events preferred.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with NBA, NHL/AHL, NCAA (hockey and basketball), FELD Entertainment, AEG Live, Live Nation and other concert and family show promoters preferred.
- College Degree or equivalent experience in a combination of fields including art, design, animation, and video production preferred.
Creative Director with Summit Marketing (Posted September 20)
The ideal Creative Director candidate is highly conceptual and comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment. This individual should be an excellent communicator who knows how to bring words and images together to develop concepts that are not only aesthetically pleasing and powerful, but also help our clients realize their business/communications objectives. If you understand how to strike that delicate balance between creating art and developing communications that help generate interest, action and consumer response, then you are the Creative Director we are looking for.
- An individual who knows how to concept and work with a copywriter to create strong ideas, and consistently evolve concepts to make them better with each round of internal/client review.
- The flexibility and maturity to deal with unexpected challenges and work collaboratively with a team to deliver the best possible concepts.
- Possesses a strong creative portfolio that showcases the ability to concept and develop sophisticated communications across a wide range of channels, including: print, direct mail, web, digital and more.
- Has an energetic, positive attitude and loves keeping up with industry design trends and technology.
- The ability to develop exciting/motivating concepts while still getting the little details right.
- Must understand team dynamics and work well with a wide range of personality types.
- Must be comfortable and confident presenting creative to both internal and client audiences.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes and user interface design, as well as industry best practices.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping.
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Flash.
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects & video editing (a plus) needed for this position.
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML and CSS.
- Must have a bachelors degree.