SOCIAL MEDIA / WEB STRATEGY SPECIALIST
Marketing/Web Professional with over 10 years’ experience managing web content / online marketing communications that support business objectives. Key leader in developing and implementing electronic communication initiatives in corporate advertising and marketing department for a major Fortune 500 company. Seeking to leverage these skills and experience in a Social Media or Web Strategy role with an innovative, growing company.
- Founder of Kansas City Job Seekers Blog (http://kansascityjobseekers.com) that successfully helps job seekers find local jobs and connect with key contacts via posted networking events. Average number of views each month to the blog is 7,000 – 8,000.
- Experience managing web projects and developing project timelines to meet expectations. Instrumental in helping to redesign The Salvation Army Kansas & Western Missouri Divisional website at http://www.salarmymokan.org
- Successfully implemented e-mail marketing program within corporate marketing department allowing marketing managers to build awareness of products via e-communication with a focus on increasing and retaining customers.
THE SALVATION ARMY
E-Communications Manager (2012) Kansas City, MO
- Responsible for the overall strategy and implementation of all electronic fundraising, marketing and communication for The Salvation Army Kansas and Western Missouri Division.
- Worked with eCommunications Specialist to monitor social media accounts and engage followers with information about how they could donate or volunteer for programs.
- Coordinated all large-scale e-mail communication to raise funds and share information with the general public and Salvation Army supporters.
- Developed web content and ensured brand consistency across all online platforms.
- Instrumental in developing new website that is more visually appealing and user-friendly.
PENTON MEDIA, INC.
Online Marketing Specialist (2011 – 2012) Overland Park, KS
- Set up and deployed 5-10 email marketing campaigns each month using YesMail email deployment platform to acquire and retain magazine subscribers.
- Project management – worked with designers, copywriters, and publishers to manage online marketing campaigns that for magazine subscriptions, e-newsletters, and online whitepapers.
- Analyzed the performance of website content and made improvements, using Omniture analytics software.
THEATER LEAGUE, INC.
Part-Time Social Media Marketing Associate (2010) Leawood, KS
- Organized, developed, and maintained Theater League’s online presence through social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and blogs.
- Developed and executed online promotions, contests, interactive applications to increase followers, fans, and ticket sales.
- Identified and communicated with online bloggers and local theater advocates to spread awareness of upcoming shows and learn how the company can better utilize social media channels for interactions.
- Created, maintained, and monitored all Theater League website content ensuring accuracy.
Direct Marketing Manager (2007- 2009) Lenexa, KS
- Consulted with internal marketing groups and external vendors to plan, define, and execute 40-50 B2B direct marketing campaigns each year targeting identified customer segments.
- Consulted with customer database management team and outside vendors to understand customer segments and use actionable data for targeted direct marketing campaigns.
- Led internal charge to educate employees on company forum with best practices and resources on how to use social media tactics to interact with customers
eCommunications Specialist (2003 – 2007) Moline, IL
- Managed web project successfully leading team of 5 designers and writers in redesigning John Deere Home and Workshop Products website.
- Developed and implemented e-mail marketing initiatives with colleagues at all levels of expertise including members of the John Deere management team.
- Led key initiative that implemented online marketing strategy for corporate advertising & marketing department and contributed to integration of print and online marketing programs.
Web Content Analyst (2001 – 2003) Moline, IL
- Managed and provided work instructions to a team of 5-6 people in the conversion of web pages on John Deere Parts website to a TeamSite content management system.
- Integrated off-line promotion initiatives with online content which established a marketing-driven approach to JDParts.com website.
- Compiled website analysis reports for various John Deere websites and delivered results to marketing managers with site enhancement recommendations.
Technical Skills: HTML, Social Media
Web Authoring Software: DreamWeaver
Graphic Design Software: PhotoShop
Email Marketing Platform: YesMail, emfluence
Content Management Software: TeamSite, WordPress
Web Metrics Tracking Software: Omniture
Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems
University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 2000
Combat Engineer, United States Army
- Team leader in supervising squad of seven enlisted personnel in offensive and defensive tactical operations.
- Collaborated with squad members to effectively accomplish combat operations.
- Veteran status